Using Payable isn’t just for making contractor and vendor payments, it’s possible to use Payable exclusively for capturing W-9s and 1099s.
If you’re an accountant, that makes Payable a great way for you to manage ALL of your clients’ 1099 operations in a single dashboard. To learn more about Payable’s Accountant Role, read more here.
Here’s how to get setup with Taxes & Compliance only:
1. Sign up at app.payable.com/signup and select Taxes:
Payable starts at $1.99 per form. We also offer other options to help you ensure year-round compliance for your contractors and vendors - contact us for more details or volume pricing.
3. Make sure to enter all your company tax filing details:
4. Select the type of 1099 to generate and file - 1099-K or 1099-MISC. If you’re not sure which one to choose, please consult your accountant, tax lawyer, or other counsel. Better yet, invite them to Payable directly!
5. Select the appropriate box to report earnings. This should also be done after consulting with your accountant or other tax counsel:
6. Choose your default state reporting preference - this determines if and what states you’d like to combine 1099 filing for, along with the federal form.
Now you're all set to create 1099s! If you have a lot of them to do, check out our bulk importing capabilities.
$0.99 per payment